Thursday, February 7, 2008

do unto others

do unto others
Big shout out this week to an old buddy of mine from Texas. When we were in junior high and high school, we used to sit in back of the class drawing cartoons. I occasionally get a random phone call from him these days. Then he vanishes again for awhile. I think he's in California now, working at a comics shop.

Last week, I walked into my office and waiting there were two packages. When I opened them, my mouth dropped open. There were at least a dozen original Pogo books! When I was a kid, Pogo no longer appeared in newspaper comics pages, but I devoured the reprint books and taught myself to draw by looking at them. I'm almost afraid to open these first editions. They're almost sacred. I've got to sit down and write him a long thank-you note TODAY. But until then ... Thanks, Gene!!! -- casey

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home