Thursday, January 24, 2008

Hey, hey Judy

Hey Hey JudyI had a good friend in college named Judy. Man, could she talk! I hope she doesn't stumble upon this particular episode or I'll never hear the end of it.

This strip also holds a clue to when I first started playing around, sketching up some ideas that eventually became Thurbear. Let's just say that, at the time, the Jerry Maguire "You had me at hello" reference was actually current pop culture. One more Easter egg: The tree in the second-to-the-last panel is a nod to a setting used in one of my favorite strips, Bloom County.

A special shout-out this week to cartoonist extraordinaire Mark Anderson. I don't know how he does it all. You see his panel cartoons constantly in numerous magazines, he contributed great ideas for cartoons I drew for USA WEEKEND and he's got one of the most organized, most efficient websites of any cartoonist I know. Go take a look! -- casey

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thurbear seems in an especially good mood today. Perhaps he has a thing for Judy?

January 25, 2008 at 5:29 PM  
Blogger Mark Anderson said...

That Judy's a cutie! Who could blame him!

January 27, 2008 at 3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home