Thursday, January 31, 2008

Can ya hear me now?

satelliteToday's cartoon was inspired by a lady in front of me at the grocery store. Aisle after aisle, I waited patiently as she spoke into her cellphone giving a play-by-play worthy of ESPN. "I'm going down the drinks aisle now." "I'm going down the chips aisle now." She'd not only share her opinion loud enough for everyone to hear about all the choices going into her grocery cart ... she also listed all the products not going into her grocery cart. Hundreds of 'em. And it wasn't like the person on the other end was contributing feedback or helping with a shopping list. This lady never stopped talking long enough to listen to anyone on the other end. It must have lasted for a half-hour. At some point, I couldn't stop following her just to see how long this could possibly go on. Thank goodness the phone companies have sunk billions of dollars into the infrastructure to make such communication possible. Though I'm not exactly sure that this was what they had in mind. -- casey

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet she was making a recording back to her digital home base so she can make a checklist for future shopping trips... ya..thats it.
-- AS

February 5, 2008 at 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home